I am a Postdoctoral Researcher in TALN research group (Leo Wanner's group), at Pompeu Fabra University, in Barcelona.
Until April 2016, I am a visiting postdoc/lecturer in Carnegie Mellon University in Pittsburgh working in Chris Dyer's lab and Noah's Ark.
I work in the intersection of natural language processing and machine learning. I am especially interested in syntactic analysis, dependency parsing and phrase structure parsing. I publish papers about computational linguistics. I teach and advise students. I was born in Madrid. I have lived in Uppsala (visiting Joakim Nivre.), Singapore (visiting Yue Zhang), Madrid, Barcelona and Pittsburgh.
- 4 EMNLP papers accepted!
- 1 Computational Linguistics Journal article accepted for publication!
- 1 CoNLL paper accepted!
- 1 TACL paper accepted. To be presented at ACL 2016! article
- 2 papers accepted at NAACL-HLT 2016! ( paper 1, paper 2 )
- I gave a talk at Microsoft Research in Seattle, hosted by Chris Quirk. October 2015.
- I gave a talk at University of Washington in Seattle, hosted by Noah Smith. October 2015.
- I gave a talk at Johns Hopkins University in Baltimore, hosted by Jason Eisner. Video September 2015.
- I will be teaching the Algorithms for NLP course in Carnegie Mellon University with Chris Dyer and Robert Frederking. August 2015.
- I will serve as area chair for tagging, chunking, syntax, and parsing for ACL 2016. July 2015.
- Accepted long paper at EMNLP 2015 about character-based representations for parsing with LSTMs. July 2015.
- Accepted article in the Natural Language Engineering journal about deep-syntactic parsing. June 2015.
- Accepted long paper at CoNLL 2015 about transition-based spinal parsing!. June 2015.
- Accepted long paper at ASSETS 2015 about spell checking for real-word errors!. June 2015.
- Accepted long paper at ACL 2015 about transition-based parsing with LSTMs!. April 2015.
- Accepted demo paper at NAACL 2015 about deep-syntactic parsing. Check the demo, here!. March 2015.
- Accepted long paper at NAACL 2015 about natural language generation. February 2015.
- Accepted long paper at W4A 2015. February 2015.
- In 2015, I am revieweing in the Syntax and Parsing track for NAACL, ACL, EMNLP. I am also reviewing for DEPLING, SPMRL, IWPT and LREV journal.
- I was part of the thesis committee of Kepa Bengoetxea. December 2014.
- I gave an invited talk at IXA Group at Basque Country University, in San Sebastian hosted by Koldo Gojenola. December 2014.
- I visited Carnegie Mellon University, in Pittsburgh from October 2014 to November 2014 hosted by Noah Smith and Chris Dyer. November 2014.
- I gave an invited talk at Machine Learning Lunch Seminars at Carnegie Mellon University, in Pittsburgh hosted by Noah Smith. October 2014.
- Dependency parsing.
- Phrase-structure parsing.
- Transition-based modeling in NLP.
- Machine Learning.
- Algorithms for natural language processing.
- Deep learning/neural models for parsing.
- Natural Language Generation.
- NLP and machine learning for accessibility.
- PhD research stay. 1st October 2011 - 23rd December 2011. Uppsala University (Sweden) supervised by Joakim Nivre.
- PhD research stay. 15th March 2012 - 15th April 2012. Uppsala University (Sweden) supervised by Joakim Nivre.
- Postdoc research stay. 14th June 2013 - 25th July 2013. Singapore University of Technology and Design hosted by Yue Zhang
- Postdoc research stay. 1st October 2014 - 9th November 2014. Carnegie Mellon University (Pittsburgh, USA) hosted by Noah Smith and Chris Dyer